Welcome to the Academic Affairs Office
The Academic Affairs Office provides leadership for instruction and student support services. The Academic Affairs Office works with departments and programs to ensure that all standards required for accreditation, federal and state compliance and program licensure and certification are maintained.
This office is also responsible for partnerships needed to maintain transfer articulation agreements with colleges, universities and other organizations. In addition, the Academic Affairs Office, through the Center for Teaching Excellence and through connections with the Organizational Development Office, is responsible for providing training opportunities for instructional and student affairs faculty and staff to help assure that our students get the highest quality instruction and support.
The goals of the Academic Affairs Office are:
- To promote excellence in academic offerings in curricula, delivery and fiscal responsibilities.
- To provide learning and support opportunities for faculty and staff to grow in subject matter expertise, pedagogical knowledge, technology integration, and ability to promote learning within a diverse student population.
- To assist in "opening the world" to our stakeholders through internationalizing the curricula and intercultural experiences and opportunities.
- To create pathways for student opportunity and success through K-16 articulations and partnerships.
- To lead in developing a college-wide culture that values people and promotes cooperation and collaboration, building a team that accomplishes the impossible for the benefit of students and the greater Lansing community.
The Academic Affairs Office also provides direct leadership for the Center for Teaching Excellence.
Administration Bldg, Room 201
Phone: (517) 483-1498
Additional contact information »