The Lean Challenge:
Achieving Performance Excellence for Stage II Companies
The Lean Challenge: Achieving Performance Excellence for Stage II Companies is a 24-hour project based workshop, which is part of a community-wide effort to share what some of Mid-Michigan's most successful organizations have discovered. It's about improving workflow and the reduction of lead-time from order to cash through the elimination of waste from all business processes.
Participants will be immersed in activities and experience firsthand the improvement opportunities with Lean. They should expect to be challenged to action. Lean is not something we talk about - it is something we do! Each team will complete a work-related project, and come away with a vision, roadmap and a new set of principles, tools and techniques to apply. Though no previous knowledge of Lean is required, this is not an introductory course.
At the completion of this training program, the participant should be able to:
- Develop an action plan to improve workflow, eliminate waste and reduce variation
- Identify specific value streams in the organization and apply a process for value stream improvement
- Complete a value stream map for both a current and future state on a specific work-related value stream
- Develop and implement a strategy for mistake-proofing
- Create workplace standards, and explain how they are to be seen as the current best way to do something until we find a better way
- Use a team-based problem solving process to solve work-related problems
- Complete a work-related project utilizing specific Lean tools and techniques
The Business & Community Institute
Phone: (517) 483-1857
Additional contact information »