Java Level 1
This course will introduce the participant to the Java programming language using the Java EE Helios Eclipse. Through hands-on exercises, participants will become familiar with the Java syntax and the object oriented approach that this language utilizes. It is based on the new Java 1.6.
Prerequisites: The student must be familiar with object-oriented programming and with basic programming concepts with prior programming experience in at least one language (COBOL, Visual Basic, C, etc.).
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Use the desired Java EE Helios Eclipse proficiently
- Understand the Java language syntax
- Create, compile, run and debug Java applications
- Manage the Java files
- Translate a class diagram into Java code (and vice-versa)
- Use the Collections framework
- Familiar with Using the Java API
- Basic Java syntax (data types, operators, control statement)
- Object oriented programming in Java
- UML notation - Class Diagram
- Using Collections Framework
- Using Exceptions
- Navigating Sun's API documentation
- Generics and Collections Framework
Who Should Attend: This course is designed for new Java programmers who have not previously programmed in an object-oriented language. The course can also run in RAD, Java EE Helios Eclipse, WebLogic Workshop, and JDeveloper.
The Business & Community Institute
Phone: (517) 483-1857
Additional contact information »