Is it truly a new career path that you want, or do you desire a new work setting, a change in work assignments, more responsibility, a more flexible schedule or leisure, etc.?
- What matters most in your life?
- Is your work life in balance with the rest of your life roles?
- What values guide your life?
- Have your principles changed over time?
- What do you want to accomplish in your lifetime?
- Do you have the self-confidence to do what you want?
You may find that there are other variables such as health, stressors, education, work experience, technical expertise, or economics, that affect your decision making. First consider what is necessary for your situation, then discuss the career, complexities and questions that arise with a career counselor. It's also helpful to prioritize your values with the help of a values inventory from one of our computerized assisted programs such as Choices/Bridges Roadmap.
4-Step Career Planning Model
Career and Employment Services
Gannon Building - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1172
Additional contact information »