LCC is offering a non-credit option for participating in music ensembles at a reduced rate of $79 per ensemble, per semester.
If you are an instrumentalist or vocalist looking for an exciting regularly-scheduled and enriching musical opportunity, then join one of LCC's fine performance ensembles:
- Concert Choir - perform a wide range of music, both sacred and secular;
- Experimental Music Ensemble - write, rehearse, and perform new acoustic, electronic, and electro-acoustic pieces while developing compositional, improvisational, and interpretive skills;
- Guitar Ensemble - explore guitar music of diverse styles for large group, small combo and solo performance on acoustic, electric and bass instruments;
- Jazz Ensemble - rehearse and perform pieces of various styles and from various periods in jazz and big band sound while learning and developing improvisational skills;
- Lansing Concert Band - play all types of music with a concentration on traditional concert band literature;
- LanSwingers Vocal Jazz Ensemble - develop artistic and creative vocal jazz skills for ensemble performance;
- Percussion Ensemble - rehearse and perform a variety of styles and periods while honing and developing rhythmic reading skills and percussion techniques.
Each ensemble is a semester-long commitment; for semester dates, visit schedule. Some ensemble directors may require an audition.
For more information about auditions, registration or college-credit options for music ensembles, please contact Molly Cryderman-Weber, at 517-483-1026 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Check out these music classes open to non-majors:
- MUSC 144 Beginning Piano
- MUSC 155 Class Voice Commercial I
- MUSC 168 Rudiments of Music
- MUSC 182 Class Voice I
- MUSC 188 Class Guitar
- MUSC 197 Intro to Music Technologies
- MUSC 253 The Business of Music
- MUSC 254 Band Management
- MUSC 270 Rock Guitar
For more information about any of these classes, view the course offerings or call 517-483-1018.
Communication, Media and the Arts Department
Gannon Bldg, Room 131
Phone: (517) 483-1546
Additional contact information »