Hours in the Counseling Center are:
Regular Office Hours
Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
To schedule a counseling appointment or to speak with a counselor, please call Counseling Services at 517-483-1924, visit the Continental Building or you can request an appointment online. LCC counselors are available to assist you throughout the year.
Is Counseling For Me?
"How do I know if I need counseling?" If one or more of the following statements describe you, you are probably at a point where counseling could be helpful to you.
- I am anxious, worried, or nervous most of the time.
- My sleeping or eating patterns have changed.
- My moods change rapidly. I often feel like crying.
- I am overwhelmed by everything that is expected of me.
- My relationships with other people are not going well.
- I feel confused and have difficulty making decisions.
- I can't decide on a major or career.
- I am not functioning effectively in an important area of my life (studies, job, family, relationships, marriage).
- I am going through a significant change in my life.
- I am experiencing difficulties in at least one area of my life due to the use of substances or other compulsive behavior.
- I need more information on substance abuse.
See the menu bar for more information in counseling and what kind of things would you like to talk to a counselor about and how counseling services focus on students success at LCC.
Now is an excellent time to visit your counselor and to set up a success plan for your time here at Lansing Community College. Request an appointment today to spend a moment speaking with a counselor about your goals and establish a plan for success.
Employment Initiatives for Veterans (Gold Card)
Advising Center--Educational Development Plan(EDP)
Michigan Transfer Network
Center for Transitional Learning
Career and Employment Services Department
Federal Financial Aid(FAFSA)
40 Money Management TIPS Every College Student Should Know
Student Life and Ombudsman
Policies, Procedures, and Regulations