Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
LEP Orientation for Fall Semester 2013
JULY 3, 2013-9am-1pm OR JULY 24, 2013-1pm-5pm
LEP Orientation registration
English as a Second Language
The Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Program provides support services that enable students, who are non-native English speakers and have difficulty reading, writing and understanding English, to succeed in academic programs in the college setting.
the LEP Program offers the following support services:
- Assistance with Admission
- Assistance with Registration
- Assistance with Financial Aid and related issue resolution.
- Academic Advising
- Academic Monitoring and Retention
- Educational Development Plan and Curriculum Choice
- Liaison between Students and Instructors
- Liaison between Students and Center for Employment Services
- Outreach and Recruitment Intake
- Referral to Different College Resources
- Dick Eicher Emergency Fund
In addition, our bilingual LEP staff members (coordinator, and advisor) are available to explain the resources and assist with specific difficulties that LEP students may encounter in pursuing their education at Lansing Community College. They discuss program and course requirements with program students and monitor their academic progress. Our LEP staff members are also available to assist with language and/or culture-related concerns.
Appointments are strongly recommended for all the services above - Call (517) 483-1924.
Not sure how to get started? Check out our Checklist for New Students.
The LEP Program works closely with the Center for Transitional Learning, which offers:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes click here for PDF version
- Bilingual Tutoring at Room 253, Arts and Sciences Building
If you aren't ready for our ESOL classes then you might want to try an ESL class offered by another agency. Check them out by opening community resources.
Location: Gannon Building, Room 204
View Campus Map (Building #14)
Mailing Address: Limited English Proficiency Program
1130 - Student Support Services
Lansing Community College
P.O. Box 40010
Lansing, MI 48901-7210
You may call or e-mail the following LEP Program personnel:
Yvonne Creamer, Coordinator of LEP Program
Phone: (517) 483-1196
Sharon Letson, LEP Academic Advisor
Phone: (517) 483-9755
Doris Roberson, Director Support Services
Gannon Bldg, Room 204
Phone: (517) 483-1924
Additional contact information »