Skip to content

What kind of things would you talk to a counselor about?

Counselors can help with problems such as:

  • anxiety
  • depression
  • separation from parents
  • relationship struggles
  • barriers to success
  • childhood abuse
  • substance abuse
  • stress and time management
  • loss and grief
  • career uncertainty

When you are thinking?

  • I'm just not happy.
  • I've been assaulted recently or in the past.
  • I'm having trouble concentrating on my studies.
  • I really get up-tight about tests, speeches, math, etc.
  • Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by everything.
  • I'm concerned about my eating/my friend's eating patterns.
  • I'm concerned about my drinking/my friend's drinking.
  • I'm feeling really stressed out.
  • I don't seem to know what I want.
  • I get depressed a lot.
  • I'm thinking of quitting school.
  • There are problems in my family.
  • I can't seem to get interested in anything.
  • I'm having trouble with a relationship.
  • I need to talk about something that has happened to me.
  • My attitude has been so negative lately.

Counseling Center at Lansing Community College

Sue Muma, Associate Dean of
Student Support
Counseling Services

Gannon Building - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1924
Fax: (517) 483-9645
Additional contact information »

Facebook Twitter YouTube Flickr