Banner Grade Entry Instructions
Log into myLCC
- Click the Sign in link on the LCC home page.
- Type your TUID and password into the appropriate boxes.
- Click on the Login button. At this point, your myLCC page will open.
To Get To the Grade Entry Screen
- Click on the Work Tab at the top of the web page.
- Scroll down the page and find the Faculty Grade Assignment widget. This widget is in the middle column.
- The widget should display your current classes. If not, click the More link, and more current and past classes should be displayed.
- To access the grade entry screen, click on the grade icon next to the class title.
- The grade entry screen will now appear in a new browser tab.
- When you first enter the grade entry screen, scroll down until Final Grades appear, all students will have "None" adjacent to their name in the Grade column.
- Click on the arrow next to the grade you want to enter and select the grade from the list.
- If the student recieves a "W" or a "0.0" grade for non-attendance, type the "Last Attend Date" in the box adjacent to their grade using MM/DD/YYYY format (e.g., 09/04/2013).
- Unless you have been specifically instructed to do so, do not type any data into the Attend Hours column.
- When you have entered all of the grades, click the Submit button.
- Close the browser tab and click the Sign out link at the top of the myLCC screen.
- Grades can be altered by the instructior until the Grade Posting date, which usually occurs two days after the official last day of class.
For information regarding LCC's policy on grade records, see the Retention of Student Records policy.
Note: Do not enter data into the Attend Hours box unless you have been trained in its function and use.
Incompletes at LCC
LCC's policy for incomplete ("I") grades: When an instructor issues an "I" grade, the instructor must indicate what grade should be assigned if no further work is completed, and also the reason for giving the incomplete (possibly some specific assignments that must be turned in). All incomplete grades must be made up by the end of the next regular semester (summer semester is excluded), or earlier, if an earlier date is established by the instructor or department.
- Click on the Incomplete Grade Form link at the top of the grade entry page.
- A second browser window will open with a login screen displayed.
- Turn off your caps lock and then enter your TUID and password.
- You must enter the requested data:
- Department: What department/division should handle the incomplete?
- Student Name: This information helps confirm the student's identity
- Student ID: This is a double check of the student's identity
- Course Code: This information helps confirm the course
- Semester Course was taken: This information helps confirm the sememster the course was taken.
- CRN: This is a double check of the course in question
- Instructor Name: The instructor submitting the incomplete
- Coursework completion deadline: All incompletes are required to have a deadline set for the completion of the missed work. If the deadline is missed, the "I" is converted to the default grade.
- Default grade if incomplete is not resolved: The grade that is recorded if the incomplete is not completed or if the deadline is missed.
- Reason for incomplete: The reason why the incomplete grade was awarded.
- Work to be completed: The work that the student needs to complete to achieve a score higher than the default
- Grade standards and weighting info: Miscellaneous grading information that will help with the grade calculation (this information is optional).