Lesson 2.1: Issues to Consider When Selecting Feedback Techniques
"Instructors may fool all of the students some of the time, they may even fool some of the students all of the time, but they will not fool all of the students all of the time." -John A. Centra
- The feedback technique that is selected should depend on how the feedback will be used.
- When instructors are involved in designing the evaluation tool, they are more likely to change their teaching behavior to enhance learning. In other words, ownership increases acceptance.
- Multiple perspectives or sources increases the credibility of the feedback.
- The more evidence collected, the more likely common themes will emerge.
- Regardless of the method selected, it is important to explain to students that the feedback is being collected to facilitate their learning.
Open Hours for "Get The Grades Out Week"
December 8 - 11: 8 am - 6 pm
December 12: 8 am - 5 pm
December 16: 8 am - 7 pm
To send an APPLEGRAM online,
fill-out the Applegram form.