Lesson 4: Course Policies and Procedures
- Take attendance or have students sign in.
- Review prerequisites for the course, if necessary.
- Post your office hours, office number, phone number, email address and
any restrictions in terms of when they should not call.
- Review the course syllabus. Or, have students get into groups and
identify questions or concerns regarding the syllabus.
- Review the grading system and your expectations regarding assignments,
test taking, etc.
- Bring a copy of the required text and tell students where the text is
- Provide a class schedule, including dates and topics.
- Tell students to inform you after class if they have any special needs.
(Versus waiting until the end of the semester.)