The goals of the Faculty Orientation sessions are to create a welcoming transition for new instructors and connect them to LCC resources and services. In addition to meeting new faculty, the following topics will be addressed:
- Human Resource information, including a review of benefits, important college policies, etc.
- LCC systems that impact faculty, such as myLCC, Office 365, and Banner Web Self-Service.
- MAHE, which is LCC's local labor union for faculty, and what it means to be a union member.
- The various resources and services available through the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE), Media Services, Police and Public Safety, etc.
- College policies, such as the Enrollment Verification Policy, "W" (Withdraw) grades, etc.
- Information on professional development opportunities, such as the CTE’s 12-Week Course, Transforming Learning through Teaching, and the LCC/CTE Teaching Online Certification Course.
Participants will finish with many of their questions answered, receive a " The CTE's Faculty Guide to Resources and Services, a "Checklist for New Faculty,, a "Quick Reference Sheet" to help address future questions, and more!
Part of the three hour face-to-face session includes a hands-on introduction to LCC's systems and technology, in which an active Username and password are required. In addition, having your Username ensures that we have the correct person registered for the session since there are many faculty/staff at LCC with the same last name, and in some cases, the same first name.
To register, please select one of the following:
Please note: Enrollment in each face-to-face session is limited to 19 participants.