Transforming Learning Through Teaching:
A 12 Week Course
Facilitated by Leslie Johnson
5:45 pm to 7:45 pm
January 17 - April 11
Room TLC 326
"Through material presented, interactions with the instructor, and fellow faculty members,
I was able to gain new insights into teaching teachniques that create a more active and engaged learning
environment. TLTT also renewed my outlook on students and the unique challenges they face;
it also equipped me to help them be successful. As an adjunct faculty memeber,
I valued the opportunity to meet colleagues from other disciplines, share best practices, etc.
It was very encouraging. This course is absolutely a worthwhile investment of your time!"
- Nikki Gruesbeck, Health and Wellness
This course provides an opportunity to...
- Connect with faculty from across disciplines to share, explore, and reflect upon current teaching and learning practices.
- Experience various teaching and learning strategies from a student's perspective.
- Apply newly learned techniques with the support of colleagues.
A collaborative approach is used to model various teaching and learning strategies and create a faculty learning community. Whether you are new to teaching, or have taught for a long time, you won't want to miss this unique experience!
"Initially, I was hesitant to take the seminar, afraid it might be too
theoretical without any direct application ... But from the very first
session, you set me straight! In every session I learned something that I
will use to be a better (more effective) teacher."
- Mobashera Hallam, Developmental Math
Some session topics are selected by participants. Popular ones include:
- Learning from the Learners (LCC students participate in this session)
- Preventing and Addressing Disruptive Behavior
- Small Group Learning
- Characteristics of the Community College Learner
- How Students Learn
"...rediscovering my passion for teaching. That is what was lost and
what was found in this seminar … This is where you can connect with the
college and really feel like a part of it. This seminar is refreshing,
inspiring and validating."
- Gina Przybyl, Community Health Service Education
Note: For LCC employees, participation in this course is covered by LCC's tuition waiver benefit (applied after 50% refund period). New adjunct faculty who take this course during their first semester of teaching are not required to pay the tuition.
To register for this class, complete the Interest Form below. For additional information contact Kendra Matheny at (517) 483-1576.
Transforming Learning Through Teaching Interest Form
* = Required field