The Early Learning Children's Community was established to provide accessible, high quality early education and child care for the children of LCC students* and to provide a laboratory placement with children for students in many LCC programs. The Early LCC will also be open to LCC staff, faculty and community members.
If you are interested in enrolling your child(ren) in the Early LCC, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Interested families fill out the Pre-Enrollment Screening Application .
- This application is then mailed, faxed, or delivered to:
- Early LCC, c/o Early LCC Center Director, Mail Code 3700, P.O. Box 40010, Lansing Community College, Lansing, MI 48910-7201.
- Fax it to: 517 483-1105
- E-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand deliver to the Early LCC building.
- You will be contacted by the Center Director after your application has been reviewed and an opening is available.
- You'll be given the opportunity to meet with the Director and to sign a child care contract at that time. A signed contract will secure a space for your child at the center.
Priority of Enrollment
The guidelines that will be used for placing children in the program are as follows :
- Children already enrolled in Early LCC classrooms.
- Siblings of children already enrolled in Early LCC classrooms. This allows families to be together in the same center.
- Children of LCC students*.
- Children of non-students.
This center will serve two government funded child care programs. Enrollment in these programs must be met to receive those funds.
Children will be enrolled (using above criteria) based on the date that their Pre-Enrollment Screening Application is received and the type of slots available.
*Student Rate eligibility requires minimum of six credits in a degree/certificate seeking program (same definition for Pell grant eligibility)
Early Learning Children's Community
601 North Washington Square
Phone: (517) 483-1100
Additional contact information »