eLearning Instructional Designers will be
available to assist with all of your D2L and technology
needs throughout the Summer 2016 Semester.
Don't hesitate to contact us by email, phone, live chat,
or in person by appointment in TLC 427.
Instructional Designers can assist you in:
- Organizing Course Content:
- Setting up unit/weekly modules
- Assisting with adding files to a course
- Integrating publisher content
- Using Communication Tools:
- Utilizing D2L email
- Creating news items
- Recording audio files in news items and dropbox feedback
- Developing Instructional
- Converting PowerPoints to playable videos with iSpring
- Using multimedia tools and software
- Creating instructional media for your course
- Setting Up a Gradebook:
- Creating point-based and weighted gradebooks
- Setting up extra credit (bonus) grade items
- Exporting gradebooks at the end of the semester
- Creating Assessment Items:
- Constructing quizzes in D2L or Respondus
- Building dropbox folders and discussion forums
- Designing rubrics for grading assignments
- Viewing Course Reporting
- Using statistics for enrollment verification
- Creating intelligent agents for custom reporting
- Using the insights portal
- Maintaining Courses:
- Creating master courses
- Copying content into new courses
Instructors can also go to the eLearning Department office in the Technology Learning Center (TLC) 427 for assistance.
Technology and Learning Center, Room 427
Phone: (517) 483-1839
Additional contact information »
Purpose: The eLearning Live Chat is intended for questions regarding D2L.
Hours of Live Chat Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
If the Live Chat is Offline, please contact the eLearning Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave an offline message within the Live Chat client.
The eLearning Department will respond to emails and offline messages within one business day.