If a hostile intruder is seen inside a building, dial 911 report what is happening.
- DO NOT pull a fire alarm! This could cause innocent persons to be put in harm's way.
- Only you can tell if it is safe to run from the building.
- If in doubt, do not run. Seek shelter where you are.
- Lock the doors to the room you are in. Turn off the lights.
- Stay out of sight of windows and doors.
- Be quiet and stay calm.
- Stay in hiding until a Police Officer gives an "All Clear" notification.
If a hostile intruder is outside a building, run away from the threat as fast as you can.
- Do not run in a straight line.
- Keep objects or buildings between you and the intruder.
- If you can get away from the area of danger, warn others not to enter the area.
- Dial 911 and report what you have seen.
- If the intruder is near you and causing great harm, hide if at all possible.
Emergency Management and Safety Services
AOF Bldg, Room 202
Phone: (517) 267-5488
Additional contact information »