Who We Are
Mission and Vision Statement
The Lansing Community College Foundation provides support to inspire and enable the pursuit of education for the betterment of all. Our donors change lives and enrich our community.
The LCC Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization governed by a 27-member Board of community leaders. Each year the LCC Foundation helps hundreds of individuals realize the gift of education. The LCC Foundation supports Lansing Community College and its students financially through:
- Program improvements
- Technological advancements
- Staff development
- Capital expansion as needed
The LCC Foundation's vision is to rank among the nation's top Community College Foundations, providing resources to:
- Provide financial support to all LCC students seeking financial scholarship support, allowing them access to an education. Scholarship support results in the success and retention of LCC students who then graduate and become employed citizens of Michigan.
- Assure that each philanthropic dollar makes a dramatic impact upon student success.
- Assure that Donors experience the best possible giving experience possible among non-profit opportunities.
Federal and State Tax Benefits of Giving
The LCC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Therefore your gifts may be tax deductible.
- Contributions of $250 or more must be substantiated by a written acknowledgement from the Foundation which is mailed to donors for each donation.
- Beginning January 1, 2012, the State of Michigan will not allow taxpayers to take a non-refundable tax credit for donations to Michigan public institutions on their individual tax return.
Lansing Community College Foundation scholarship and program funds benefit students, programs and all campuses of LCC. All LCC Foundation funds are kept and managed separately from the College.
The LCC Foundation is audited annually by Rehmann Group. Below are our most recent audited financial statements.
Phone: (517) 483-1985
Additional contact information »