2015 Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) Fair
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Gannon Building, StarZone
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Union Missionary Baptist Church
Attend these events to:
- Learn about HBCU's admissions requirements and academic programs
- Meet Historically Black College and Universities Representatives
- Receive more information about LCC's HBCU Transfer Partnerships
Register for either of these events above. For more information, contact Tonjala Eaton at 517-483-1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back as colleges attending this event are being added frequently.
Represented at both the morning and evening sessions
Alabama A&M University
Central State University
Florida A&M University
Morgan State University
Saint Augustine's University
Tennessee State University
Represented only during the morning session
Grambling State University
Harris-Stowe State University
Represented only during the evening session
Kentucky State University
Here are some tips to help you get the most from your visit:
Things to do at the HBCU College Fair
- Talk with college representatives about the programs they offer and ask questions of their admission requirements.
- Pick up brochures and other handouts from colleges that interest you.
- Look into dates and registration for college entrance exams.
Questions to ask College Representatives
- What are the five strongest majors at your institution?
- What are your admissions requirements?
- Are there special visitation days on your campus? How can I arrange a campus visit?
- What are the application deadlines for admission and financial aid?
- Do you accept Advanced Placement credits?
- What additional academic
services do you offer students?
- Career counseling?
- Study skills workshops?
- When must I choose a major?
- What types of extra-curricular activities and clubs are there on campus?