Office 365 is the new system that provides us with our email, calendar and SharePoint.
Please click on one of the topics listed below for more information:
- Connecting to Office 365 via a web browser
- Setting up delegate access to your inbox and calendar
- How do I share my calendar
- Open another User calendar
- How to Open and use a shared mailbox
- Checking your quota
- Migrating email and setting up outlook
- Office 365 migration help sessions - main campus
- Office 365 migration help sessions - west campus
- General microsoft outlook mail and calendar information
- Restoring deleted e-mail
- Ability to choose how you want
Outlook to display users' names
- Setting a signature
- Requesting a return receipt
- Creating a rule
- Quickly add a sender to your personal Contacts
- Does Outlook have type ahead addressing?
- Why do I have a message in my
Inbox with the subject ***Postmaster***?
First we suggested checking your Deleted Items folder. If you have already emptied your deleted items folders you may still be able to recover your mail.
- In Outlook go to the tools menu
- Click recover deleted items
- Click on the email you want to recover
- Click the recover selected items icon (looks like an envelope with an arrow)
Checking your Quota
- Log into MyLCC
- Click Outlook Web
- Click the settings gear
- Click options
Available display formats are:
- John C. Doe * Default View
- Doe John C.
- Doe, John C
You may want to create Rules (Filters or Agents) for Workflow Notifications, LCC_EMP memos, or ***SPAM***. A rule in Microsoft Outlook work client-side (only in Microsoft Outlook).
No. Microsoft Outlook uses a feature called Auto complete to quickly address message. Microsoft Outlook remembers and stores the E-mail addresses you type in the From, To, Cc, and Bcc boxes. When you begin entering a previously typed E-mail address, Outlook automatically recognizes it and completes the text for you. To accept a suggestion, all press the Enter key.
Spam is unsolicited commercial E-mail. Virus and Spam checking is done server-side before mail messages arrive in your inbox. Messages identified by software on the server as spam have ***Postmaster** prefixed to the subject. Users can setup a rule to automatically move these messages to another folder.
Please forward SPAM that is not marked to email@example.com
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a Service Request form or call the Help Desk at 483-5221 (1-800-644-4522 - for long distance). Choose option 4
(517) 483-5221 or
(toll free) 1-800-644-4522 option 4
Additional contact information »