LCC students, faculty, staff, and guests must use a Technology User ID (TUID) to access electronic resources for the college. After logging in through the LCC home page using a TUID and password, you will be at Star Port home page, where you can access various online resources. The resources you have access to will depend on whether you are a student, college employee, or guest.
Account claiming help topics
Click on the topic below for more information:
- Must be at between 8 and 10 characters in length
- Must contain at least one letter and one number
- Passwords cannot contain special characters such as; & ! _
- Are case sensitive
- Should be something unique and easy to remember
- Should be kept private and secure
- Will be required to change every six months
- How to Reset Your Password (PDF instructions)
- What to do if your account expires (PDF instructions)
When setting up your password you will be asked to answer 3 challenge response questions. If you forget your password and you are able to answer all of them correctly, you will be able to change your password on your own. If you cannot answer all three questions correctly you will be required to call the Help Desk at (517) 483-5221 or (toll free) 1-800-644-4522 (option 4) for assistance resetting your password.
You will be offered 5 questions to choose from -select only 3 to answer.
- Make the answers easy to remember
- It is helpful if the answers are one word
- The answers should be your own (if someone is assisting you - it's helpful for you to answer these questions on your own)
- The answers are case sensitive
Tips: Common Error Codes
If you have not viewed the instructional video above, please do
so to minimize the likelihood of errors during your account
Error Code 6 Your account has already been activated. You only need to activate your account ONE time. If you never activated your account, go back and make sure the information you entered is correct. If the information you entered is correct and you did not activate your account or authorize someone else to activate it for you - contact the Help Desk for assistance.
Error Code 3 A piece of information you entered is not correct OR you have given too much information.
- Go back and verify that the information you entered is correct.
- Make sure you have only filled in ONE of the fields on the top of the form and ONE on the bottom of the form.
- Verify that your Student number or UCID or TUID has been entered correctly.
- If you entered your Birth date ensure that the format is
- Students use your date of birth
- Employees, use date of birth or SSN (last four digits only).
If all information has been entered correctly and an Error Code 3 continues, contact the Help Desk for assistance.
Other Errors Case sensitivity describes a program's ability to distinguish between uppercase (CAPITOL) and lowercase (small) letters. For example, "Password" and "PASSWORD" and "password" are all different.
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a Service Request form or call the Help Desk at 483-5221 (1-800-644-4522 - for long distance). Choose option 4
Information Technology Services
Technology and Learning Center, Room 330
Phone: (517) 483-1755
Additional contact information »