Phase I - Articulation Task List
- Send annual review letter to each school/career center that includes LCC departmental responses with changes to the program. Advise the school/center that they must: submit an updated Articulation Task List; send documentation that there have been no changes to the high school program or identify that the school/center no longer want to continue articulation and send to LCC.
- Review the Articulation Task List.
- Forward the Articulation Task List to the LCC faculty for final review and agreement.
- Upon agreement, inform the appropriate LCC faculty and staff of the alignment and send a signed copy of the Articulation Task List to the secondary high school/career center.
- Maintain a copy of the signed agreement in the school/district file.
- Update the CTE Articulation Agreement Database and make changes to the LCC Secondary Articulation Website.
- Upon receiving the annual review letter: send documentation that there have been no changes; notify LCC that the school/center no longer wants to continue articulation or revise the previously approved Articulation Task List and send to LCC.
Phase II - Student Articulation Application and Student Proficiency Checklist
- Create a master copy of the Student Proficiency Checklist from the Articulation Task List. (Include only those tasks that were aligned with LCC course outcomes on the Student Proficiency Checklist.)
- Send an electronic version of the master copy of the Student Proficiency Checklist to LCC to keep on file.
- Complete the Student Articulation Application for each student along with the Student Proficiency Checklist. The school will keep a copy of the record and send a copy of both documents to LCC for processing. The application and checklist should only be sent after the student has graduated from high school.
- Submit the information for all students who meet 80% proficiency.
- Send a letter encouraging the student to enroll at LCC and receive free college credit once the student application and proficiency checklist is submitted.
- Verify student eligibility and have the Tech Prep Coordinator sign the Student Articulation Application.
- Forward the Student Articulation Application and Student Proficiency Checklist to the Registrar's Office for credit to be awarded. Maintain a copy of the Student Articulation Application in the district/school file.
- Generate a yearly report that includes number of students awarded credit by program of study and district.
Department of K-12 Relations
Mackinaw Building, Room 214
Phone: (517) 483-1723
Additional contact information »