Why Choose Lansing Community College?
Lansing Community College is a smart choice. Coursework is challenging, programs are developed with the high standards of excellence, tuition is affordable, and job placement rates for many areas of study are 90 percent or greater upon successful completion of a program. The college campus is safe and appealing. Student service professionals are respectful and truly care about the student success and the individual student experience.
LCC also offers:
- Small classes, personal attention and an environment where students can feel free to ask questions.
- Quality instruction through professors with excellent academic credentials and real-world experience.
- Wide range of classes and program offerings-LCC offers more than 2,500 different courses. The variety is incredible. Review the course schedule and college catalog online.
- Flexibility- Evening, weekend, variable-date, open-entry and online classes are available.
- Convenience- LCC is close to home. There are off-campus learning centers in 24 communities located within six counties. In addition to the Downtown Campus in Lansing and West Campus in Delta Township, full-service learning locations are available at the Clinton County Center in St. Johns, LCC East in East Lansing and the Livingston County Center in Howell.
- Reputation- Employers know they can count on LCC to provide well-qualified candidates. In fact, many businesses in the Greater Lansing Area not only hire LCC graduates, but also turn to LCC for employee training.
- Diversity- LCC reflects the various populations of the Greater Lansing Area and the world, providing students with many opportunities to meet new people.
- Affordable- LCC offers a high quality education for less than half the tuition cost at a four-year school. High school students can save room and board fees by attending LCC, which often doubles students' cost in the first year alone at most four-year schools.
- Financial aid- LCC gives students more than $35 million every year. It's easy to apply and determine eligibility. Nearly one-third of LCC students receive financial aid. High school seniors can begin applying as early as January 1 of the academic year in which they plan to attend. In order for students to be considered for financial aid at Lansing Community College, apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov and list LCC on the FAFSA. LCC's school code is: 002278.
- University Center at Lansing Community College-
Have you heard about the University Center at Lansing Community
College? The facility is being constructed on the Downtown Campus of
LCC. This exciting new opportunity will provide you with access to
even more high-quality programs and convenient learning options to
earn a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree without leaving the
Lansing area. LCC students will be able to transfer seamlessly to
one of eight universities that will be housed in the center. Our
partner universities will occupy the 35,000-square-foot building:
- Central Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Lawrence Technological University
- Northwood University
- Siena Heights University
- Spring Arbor University
- University of Michigan-Flint
- Western Michigan University
More than 40 different degree offerings are planned that focus on career fields with high-demand employment needs and competitive wages. Find out what you'll need to do now to take classes at the University Center after it opens in 2008!
- Call: (517) 483-9700
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org