H.O.P.E. Scholarship Compact
Parent(s)/Guardian(s) & Student: Listed below are the requirements and responsibilities expected of the recipients of the H.O.P.E. Scholarship.
1. Student and parents/guardians are expected to attend the activities of H.O.P.E. Connections to the best of their ability.
2. Parents/guardians are expected to attend parent/teacher conferences and actively participate in the students' academic achievement.
3. Students are expected to follow school rules in their school's Code of Conduct.
4. Students are expected to complete academic assignments.
5. In order to be eligible for the H.O.P.E. Scholarship a student must: (a) graduate from a high school within the Lansing Public School District (LSD), (b) continuously reside within the boundaries of the LSD, and (c) have been continuously enrolled as a student at a school within the LSD attendance area from the 6th grade through graduation.
6. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to inform the Lansing School District, of the student's current address and phone number for future mailing(s) regarding the H.O.P.E. Scholarship Program.
7. A minimum of eight months before the student expects to enroll at Lansing Community College (LCC), he/she must:
A. Follow the LCC admissions process.
B. Complete a financial aid application.
C. By no later than January 10 of the H.O.P.E. student's senior year of high school the student must fully complete the application process to receive consideration for funding through the Lansing Community College Foundation. By January 10 of every subsequent year they attend Lansing Community College, H.O.P.E. Students who qualify for consideration must also complete the Lansing Community College Foundation application.
Note: Failure to complete the financial aid process can cause forfeiture of the H.O.P.E. Scholarship for the Fall semester.
Note: H.O.P.E. Scholars who do not complete the Foundation Scholarship Application each year will not be eligible for H.O.P.E. Scholarship Funds for that academic year. You may be eligible for the following year.
8. Upon graduation the student must provide the H.O.P.E. Scholarship Office with a copy of their high school diploma.
9. Students shall be enrolled at LCC, with no minimum credit requirements, for two consecutive academic years beginning the fall semester following students' high school graduation.
10. The H.O.P.E. Scholarship may only be used by the student who receives the certificate. The certificate is not transferable to other students.
11. The H.O.P.E. Scholarship will cover two academic years of continuous enrollment at LCC, not including summer, for students who are in good standing (to include a GPA of 2.0). The H.O.P.E. Scholarship covers tuition, books and fees.
12. All other financial grants (Federal & State aid and Scholarships) are to be used before H.O.P.E. Scholarships, unless prohibited by law.
13. Any student who receives Michigan Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) funds is not eligible for a H.O.P.E. Scholarship, but is eligible for participation in H.O.P.E. Connections.
14. Under special circumstances and approval by the H.O.P.E. Board, students who successfully complete their high school course requirements before their graduation date, may use their H.O.P.E. Scholarships to take courses at LCC.
15. Other agencies associated with the H.O.P.E. Scholarship Program may have access to student information on an as needed/appropriate basis.
16. Lansing Community College is authorized to use still photographs, motion pictures, video tapes, digital images, and/or sound recordings that may be created without restriction of any sort. I understand the pictures or sound may be edited and combined with other pictures and sound recordings. The final edited pictures and sounds may be shown without restriction, including radio and television broadcast, cablecast, printed publication, Internet web pages, and any other media including CD, DVD, digital imaging, and network streaming and without compensation of any sort. Lansing Community College may assign these rights to other parties for their use.
17. Every student may petition the H.O.P.E. Board for reprieve from the requirements & responsibilities included on this form. If you are interested in petitioning the H.O.P.E. Board, contact the H.O.P.E. Scholarship Office.
18. Failure to adhere to the terms of this Compact can cause forfeiture of the H.O.P.E. Scholarship.
V#11 - Approved by H.O.P.E. Board on May 26, 2015
Department of K-12 Relations
Mackinaw Building, Room 214
Phone: (517) 483-1723
Fax: (517) 483-9703
Additional contact information »