H.O.P.E. Scholar To-Do List
(12th grade - LCC)
All H.O.P.E. Scholars should:
- Review the H.O.P.E. Scholarship Compact
- Attend regular meetings with your H.O.P.E. Building Coordinator
- Attend H.O.P.E. enrichment activities
- Attend the H.O.P.E. Dinner annually
- Meet with your H.O.P.E. Building Coordinator to review checklist requirements and deadlines.
- Complete the LCC admission process on-line at www.lcc.edu during the Fall of your Senior year. You must admit to LCC before you can complete any other necessary steps in becoming an LCC student (October).
- Review the Skill Assessment Test Packet and guidelines for the Reading, Writing and Math placement (October/November).
- Take the Skills Assessment Test for Reading, Writing and Math placement (January).
- If you do not place at a college-ready level, you should re-test before you attend New Student Orientation.
- Complete the LCC Foundation Scholarship Application, which is usually due in late January.
- Start working on your "personal statement" and getting letters of recommendation. Applications are usually available by mid-November.
- Failure to complete the LCC Scholarship Application and submit it by due date will result in termination of the H.O.P.E. Schoarlship.
7. Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Must be complete by March 1st
- Financial Aid must be completely processed and packaged by August 1st of each year to be eligible to receive H.O.P.E. Scholar Dollars.
8. Receive assistance with signing up for
classes at LCC by attending one of
several New Student Orientation and Academic Advising Sessions held each
Summer following graduation.
9. Enroll in ACAD 101: First Year Experience
Department of K-12 Relations
Mackinaw Building, Room 214
Phone: (517) 483-1723
Fax: (517) 483-9703
Additional contact information »