Group Study Room Use Guidelines
- Lights must be on.
- Enjoy small snacks and covered drinks, but not on computer work
- Groups of 2 or more are given preference.
- Rooms accommodate between 4 and 8 people.
- Do not remove furniture or computers from rooms.
- Close the door to avoid disturbing other patrons.
- Library staff monitor use of group study rooms.
You may be asked to vacate if any of the
- No reservation
- Reservation time expired
- Too many people in room
- Inappropriate use
- Not with a group
- Users are responsible for their personal belongings. Do not
leave personal items unattended.
- Acceptable room uses are collaborative or individual study,
instructor-student interaction, and tutoring.
- Lansing Community College policies apply to room use.
- Violation of Michigan criminal laws, including Michigan
obscenity laws MCLA 752.361.752.374 is not tolerated.
- A valid StarCard is required to make reservations.
- Room reservations
can be made up to one month in advance by telephone, in person, and
- Rooms may be reserved in two hour increments.
- Reservations are posted daily outside each room.
- Reservations are cancelled when the reservee does not arrive
within 15 minutes of the scheduled reservation.
Software and Computers
- Library staff are unable to offer in-depth instruction of software applications
available on computers.
- Users are responsible for supplying their own data storage
- Visit the Multimedia Desk for assistance with computers.
- Please restart computers after use.
- All files saved to Library computers will be deleted.
- Use appropriate markers on white boards.
- White board markers and erasers can be checked out at the