Films on Demand provide streaming educational videos that you can embed in
It is easier to embed videos from Films on Demand in D2L if you have two
windows or tabs open.
In a first window/tab:
- Go to
Films on Demand.
- Locate the film (or film segment) that you want to embed in your
- Click on the title of the film.
- Click on the link Embed below the video player.
- Copy the complete Embed Code (Best for LMS).
In the second window/tab:
- Log in to Desire2Learn.
- Click on Content.
- Select the Module you want to object to appear in or create a new
New and then Create a File.
- Enter a Title. Desire2Learn does not accept long
titles, so enter just the first part of the title before the colon.
- Select the Insert Stuff button.
- On the Insert Stuff screen, select Enter Embed Code
from the menu on the left.
- Then paste the copied Embed Code into the Embed Code window.
- Click Next. On the next screen click on
- Publish the document.
Back to Top
How to Embed a Video in D2L
Tutorial by the Center for Teaching Excellence
Trouble Viewing Videos in D2L
If students complain they cannot view videos in D2L, the content may be
blocked by their web browser.
explain how to view videos in D2L with any web browser.