Library Learning Object Repository (LOR)
LCC Library has a Learning Object Repository (LOR) set up in Desire2Learn
which allows you to easily add links to resources such as:
- Ask a Librarian webpage
- research databases
- research guides
- LINKS and other library tutorials
- citation guides for MLA and APA
Advantages of Using the LOR
If you link to items from the LOR, you will always be sending your students
to the most recent version of library handouts. Also, if a URL for a library
webpage changes, your link will automatically be updated.
Linking to Objects in the Library LOR
- Go to Content.
- Click on Table of Contents.
- Then click the Add a Learning Object button.
- Search using the word "library" or other search terms.
- Use the radio button on the left to select the objects you want to link
- Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Select Dynamic Link.
- Click Next.
- Choose the module where you want the link to appear.
- Click Create Topic button.
Suggest Items for the LOR
Please contact the library
if you have suggestions for resources to add to the Library LOR.