Library Learning Object Repository (LOR)
LCC Library has a Learning Object Repository (LOR) set up in Desire2Learn
which allows you to easily add links to resources such as:
- research guides
- Library tutorials
- research databases
- citation guides for MLA and APA
Advantages of Using the LOR
If you link to items from the LOR, you will always be sending your students
to the most recent version of Library handouts. Also, if a URL for a Library
webpage changes, your link will automatically be updated.
Linking to Objects in the Library LOR
- Log in to Desire2Learn.
- Go to Content.
- Select the Module you want the object to appear in or create a new
- Click on New.
- Click on Add Object from LOR.
- Search using the word "library" or other terms such as "citation."
- Use the radio button on the left to select the objects you want to link
- Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Select Dynamic Link to Newest Version.
- Click Next.
- Click Create Topic.