How to Check Out a Book
- Take the item you want to check out to the Checkout desk on the
2nd floor of the TLC building.
- You may have up to 25 Books, CDs and DVDs checked out at any one
- Current students and employees need to show their Starcard or
government issued ID (Driver's license, state ID, passport)
The following loan periods apply to library items.
- Books, CDs, DVDs: 28 days, one renewal
- MeLCat Items (print): 21 days, one renewal
- MeLCat Items (non-print): 7 days, no renewals
- Reserve Items: 2 hours (in-library use only), 48 hours, 1 week
- Interlibrary Loan Items: varies by institution
- Print and multimedia course reserves are kept at the Checkout
Desk on the 2nd floor of the TLC building.
- Patrons may check out up to 3 reserve items at a time
- Course reserves must be returned to the Checkout Desk.
- Due to high demand, renewals are not available for course
- Reserve Items: 2 hours (in-library use only) 48 hours, 1 week
Students and current employees may check out audio-visual
equipment for in-library use at the Multimedia Desk on the 2nd floor
of the TLC building.
Available equipment includes:
- Whiteboard markers and erasers
- USB cables
- Ethernet cables
- Flash-memory media reader
- Course specific equipment
Students and current employees may check out Kindles for 28 days
at the Checkout desk. on the 2nd floor of the TLC building.
Visit the Kindles
page for more information.