Librarians provide assignment-based library instruction requested
by faculty for their students. Instruction is available for all LCC
courses at the library, located in the TLC Building. An instruction
session may include:
- library tour
- research databases
- library catalog
- search strategies
- evaluating sources
- other topics requested by faculty
Library Sessions Are Assignment Based
- Faculty should coordinate a library session with a specific
- Librarians are available to collaborate with instructors in
designing an assignment.
- Submit a copy or a description of the assignment with the
Ingredients for a Successful Student
Schedule your session
- At a time in the semester when the students' need for
information is pertinent.
- A minimum one to two hours to allow for hands-on, exercises,
group work, reflection, or work on the research assignment.
Prepare your students
- By reviewing the assignment with students prior to the session.
Participate in the session
- Instructors are required to be present during the session or
arrange for a faculty substitute.
- Faculty participation during the session helps students
understand the importance of the session.
Off-Campus Library Instruction
Library instruction for WRIT, READ, and SDEV courses
is available at the following off-campus locations:
- Clinton County Center, St. Johns
- LCC East, East Lansing
- Livingston County Center at Parker Campus, Howell
- West Campus
Faculty must arrange for a computer classroom, computer lab, or for a
COW for library sessions scheduled at the above off-campus locations.
Back to Top
Scheduling a Session
Submit your request at least one week before the
Online Request Form
online request form and you will be notified if the date / time
Visit or Telephone
Contact the Reference Desk at 517.483.1615. The librarian on duty
will check the instruction calendar and take your request.
For More Information Contact
- Kim Farley
- Instructional Services Librarian
- Mail Code: 1510