Skip to content


How does my child qualify?

The Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program requires a recommendation form signed by the student's classroom instructor or school principal. The recommendation form is valid from fall through the following summer. New recommendation forms are required every fall. We do not look at report cards or test scores, so enrollment is easy. The A+ Summer Youth Programs are open enrollment for all students, no recommendation form required.

What if my child is home schooled, will they will be able to attend GATE?

We welcome all students-public, private or home schooled. The home school parent/instructor is required to certify reading and comprehension levels for the grade level of the applicant.

Do we have to live in Ingham, Eaton, Clinton or Shiawassee countries to participate?

No, we welcome all students including international visitors.

What supplies does my child need?

For most classes all supplies are included. Some specialty classes such as Youth Police Academy require a dress code and photography classes require the students to supply their own camera.

Is there scholarship assistance available?

Awards of grant money for tuition assistance may be available through the Lansing Community College Foundation office. For qualifications call: Peggy Hellwig at: (517) 483-1989.

Lifelong Learning
Phone: (517) 483-1415
Fax: (517) 483-9805

Facebook Twitter YouTube Flickr