Instructions for Read Out Loud
Found in Adobe Reader 6.0 and higher
Read Out Loud is a Text-to-Speech (TTS) tool that is built into Adobe Reader 6.0. It reads text contained within a document window.
- Open the .pdf file you want to read in Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher.
- Go to the page you want to begin to read.
- Activate Read Out Loud. ( Shift+Control+Y )
- When the file is loading usually a blue bar will show up in the bottom right corner. Wait until the bar disappears.
- If you want to 'Read This Page Only', then press Control+Shift+V. If you want to 'Read To End of Document' then press Control+Shift+B.
- If you have to pause, press Control+Shift+C.
- When you want to resume, press the same: Control+Shift+C.
- When you want to stop and are ready to close, press Control+Shift+E.
Read Out Loud Controls and shortcut keys
Control Shortcut Keys
To activate or deactivate read out loud Shift + Ctrl + Y
Read This Page Only Ctrl + Shift + V
Read To End of Document Ctrl + Shift + B
Pause/Resume Ctrl + Shift + C
Stop Ctrl + Shift + E
Disability Support Services
Gannon Bldg, Room 204
Phone: (517) 483-1924
Additional contact information »