Student Orientation Programs at LCC exist to support student success by:
- Facilitating the transition of students to Lansing Community College;
- Preparing students for the institution's educational opportunities, services, and student responsibilities.
- Initiating the integration of students into the intellectual, cultural, and social climate of Lansing Community College.
- Supporting the parents, partners, guardians, and children of the student.
In an effort to enhance and strengthen the overall educational experience of students and their families, Student Orientation Programs will:
- Serve as an advocate for both students and the college, internally and externally, by facilitating communication and creating a climate that fosters mutual understanding.
- Develop and implement programs and services that inform and educate students and their families about valuable resources, critical issues, and topics relevant to student success.
- Provide programs in a variety of models and mediums in order to promote access.
- Provide structured opportunities for new students and their families to meet and develop relationships with faculty, staff, continuing students, and other new students.
- Provide revenue to support student orientation programs at the college.
Student Orientation Programs are honored to serve:
- New LCC students
- Students transferring from other colleges and universities
- Students who have stopped out or are returning to school after an extended (5 or more year) absence
Orientation Information and Registration
TLC Bldg, Room 127
Phone: (517) 483-1957
Additional contact information »