As a member institution in the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP), we are required to always have 3-4 active action projects. We have developed an AQIP Action Project Template, based on the questions that are asked by AQIP when entering a new action project. This action project template can be used when considering a new AQIP Action Project or an Action Project within your division, department or area. An article was published in the December 2007 edition of AQIP News to Use entitled "Improving AQIP-Helping Make Action Projects Make Difference". Click article to view a copy.
Creating Continuous Process Improvement Systems
The college will create a comprehensive system of data-driven continuous quality improvement that will comprise all instructional and services units of the institution. Integrated planning and review processes will be designed using the plan/do/study/act model at all levels of decision-making and service delivery. Participation in the Academic Quality Improvement Project will provide a context for this work. The AQIP Quality Criteria will provide a framework for planning and reviewing the approach, deployment and results of College performance. The college is also exploring ISO 9000:2000 compliance for its Business & Community Institute (BCI) and its Information Services/College Development (ISCD) Division.
Emergency/Safety Action Plan
The college will provide a comprehensive, strategic approach to safety and emergency issue(s), through a college-wide approach.
The key organizational process(es) expected to improve are:
- Emergency Management
- Life Safety Systems
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Management of the College's Vehicle Fleet
- Management of the College's Key and Core Operations.
Download the complete action project report (PDF)Download the complete action project report update-September 2007 (PDF)
Strategic Alignment Initiative
The goals of the Strategic Alignment Initiative are:
- Increase communication and awareness among LCC leadership and other staff and faculty about the importance of, and progress being made on, the College's Strategic Plan.
- Strengthen the sense of teamwork, collaboration, and commitment necessary for successful implementation and updating of the plan.
- Increase opportunities to align Division activities with the plan.
- Increase the College leadership's ability to address barriers to implementing the plan.
Quality, Planning & Economic Development
Washington Court Place
Phone: (517) 483-1975