The following information applies to:
|Board of Trustees Awards||Honors Program Awards|
|Divisional Program Awards||Foundation Scholarships|
Leadership Academy Service Scholarships
Click on the award program/scholarship titles above for additional information on each award or scholarship.
To be considered for scholarships listed above, students must complete the online General Scholarship Application by January 31, 2014.
New students must complete the following steps prior to applying for scholarships
- Complete the admissions application
- Receive their student number
- Claim their account in order to receive their TUID and password
Note: Students dual enrolled while in high school, enrolled in the LCC Early College or the LCC High School Completion Initiative do not need to reapply for admission. When completing the scholarship application you need to check the New Student box.
Students who have not taken an LCC class between Fall 2012 and Spring 2014 must contact the Foundation Office at 483-1985 or email@example.com to receive login assistance.
Prepare to complete the General Scholarship Application:
by completing the following steps:
- Write a personal statement
Your statement should:
- Be at least 250 words in length
- Explain your college and career goals
- Include information about your academic program and goals at LCC and/or a four-year school
- Indicate the specific occupation or profession you intend to enter and your career goals
- Include any personal history including work related experience, internships, community service and leadership experience or special circumstances.
- Answer the question, "Why you should be considered for an LCC scholarship?"
- We encourage you to use word processing tools to confirm that your essay is grammatically accurate. You may preview the content of your essay to ensure that no unusual formatting occurs after copy/paste from another program.
- Develop a List of School or Community Service Activities
- Your list should include the following information
- The name of the activity
- The dates you were involved
- Any leadership role you assumed or special awards received while participating
- Obtain Most Recent Transcript
- High school and/or college transcripts should be included
- You must include LCC grades if applicable. (A printout of academic history from LCC's Banner Self Service is acceptable.)
- All academic history printouts from high schools must include a cumulative GPA
- Transcripts will be uploaded to the online scholarship application; therefore, you should scan or copy and save these as a .pdf file prior to beginning the application process.
- Obtain Highest ACT Scores or LCC Placement Scores
- Needed only if applying for Honors or Board of Trustee Awards.
- More information about LCC Placement Scores can be found Here.
- ACT or LCC Placement Scores will be uploaded to the online scholarship application; therefore, you should scan or copy and save these as a .pdf file prior to beginning the application process.
- Identify References
- All scholarships require at least one reference, the Student Leadership Award requires two references
- Request permission to use an individual as a reference PRIOR to entering their contact information
- Ensure your reference(s) will submit a timely response
- Obtain the name and email address of your reference(s)
- You will enter the contact information for your reference(s) in the application. An email with instructions will immediately be sent to the individual.
- You will be able to confirm that a reference has been submitted, but you will not be able to view the reference.
- It is your responsibility to make sure recommendations are received.
- You may submit additional names if needed.
- Additional information can be found by clicking on References.
- Obtain Financial Information
Many Foundation scholarships have a need based component
- Gather the previous year's family income reported to the IRS
- Estimate the current year's family income
Complete and submit the General Scholarship Application:
As the application is comprised of several steps, be sure to complete the preparatory steps listed above. You will access the General Scholarship Application by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. You will sign into the scholarship application using your LCC TUID and password.
- Once your General Scholarship Application is submitted, information from your LCC record is added to the application. Review this information by clicking on the Applicant Record tab at the top of the application.
- Scholarship decisions will be made using this information; therefore, it is important that it be correct. If your LCC information is incorrect, you must contact Student Services to correct the information. You cannot update this information using the scholarship application.
- If you do not see any LCC information in the Applicant Record tab after 48 hours has passed, please contact the Foundation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional information on imported information can be found by clicking LCC Information.
- Once your General Scholarship Application is submitted or saved, you can view a listing of all available scholarships by clicking on Opportunities on the blue navigation bar at the top of the scholarship application which is located below. You can also view available scholarships by clicking on the scholarship program links found at the top of this page.
- You will be considered for many scholarships automatically upon submitting your General Scholarship Application.
- Some scholarships require additional information and/or essays. These scholarships that you qualify for are listed on the Recommended page found by clicking on the Opportunities button on the blue navigation bar at the top of the page. Click on the name of each award to find out more about it and click on the Apply button to answer additional questions and apply for the scholarship.
- Frequently Asked Questions can be found at Scholarship Opportunities.
All applicants will be notified of scholarship decisions by college e-mail on April 30, 2014. Additional information can be found at Awards.
Once notified that you have received an award, you must accept the award by the stated deadline or the award will be given to another student. Instructions on award acceptance will be included in the award e-mail.
The 2014-2015 Scholarship Application is unavailable while scholarship decisions are being made. Decisions will be communicated by LCC email during the first week of May 2014.
Questions regarding the scholarship process can be answered by the Foundation Office at 517-483-1985 (email@example.com) or Financial Aid at 517-483-1200, option 2.
For additional information about LCC Awards and Scholarships or other forms of financial aid available to students please contact the Lansing Community College Financial Aid Office at (517) 483-1200, or visit our website at www.lcc.edu/finaid. All applicants are strongly urged to file a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Financial Aid Office
Abel B. Sykes, Jr. Technology and Learning Center (TLC), Room 127
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »