Student Leadership Academy Service Scholarships
Lansing Community College offers Student Leadership Academy Awards to new students who
- Wish to gain additional leadership and community service experiences while following a primary college program of study
- Are willing to be active participants in the LCC Student Leadership Academy
The Student Leadership Academy Service Scholarship
- Covers a maximum of five semesters over a period of two consecutive years
- Up to $1,096 in tuition and fees each fall and spring semester
- $382 for an optional summer semester (at least three approved credits required)
An Award Recipient Must
- Attend a mandatory Scholarship Acceptance meeting (Spring) and Program Orientation (Fall).
- Enroll for a two credit leadership development (LEAD) course each Fall and Spring Semester.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade in LEAD courses and a 2.5 overall grade point average.
- Serve as a student representative on an assigned college wide committee.
- Participate in planned community service projects including on-campus engagement activities and events.
- Complete an approved individual service project.
- Grade point average
- Written personal statements, letters of reference, and service history
A second personal statement focusing on your community service and leadership experience, why you feel you should be a member of the LCC Student Leadership Academy and what you hope to gain from this experience.
A second letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community service/leadership representative addressing your leadership potential and performance.
(see how to apply information)
Financial Aid Office
Abel B. Sykes, Jr. Technology and Learning Center (TLC), Room 127
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »