The Learning Commons at Lansing Community College offers many options for tutoring: scheduled appointments, walk-in tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, study groups and workshops. Please complete a Tutoring Request Form for all types of tutoring. Blank forms are available on this web site and at all tutoring locations. These services are offered free of charge, on a first-come, first-served basis as availability permits.
- A student is assigned to meet with a tutor for 50 minutes every week on the same day and at the same time throughout the current semester. Students may be scheduled to share an appointment with a student in the same class, or students may request to share an appointment with someone else in the same class.
- Example: A student is assigned to meet with Jaime, a tutor, every Monday during the fall semester from 3:10 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. to work on MATH 107 and WRIT 117.
- Note: Requests for a tutor can be made as early as the posted date.
- Tutoring may not be available for all subjects at all times
- Appointment may be available on an occasional basis due to schedule changes
- A student may call or visit the office to ask if a tutor has an available appointment for that day or the next day. These appointments are not guaranteed to be available at all times.
- A student may request to be placed on the waiting list for appointments by calling (517) 483-1206 or stopping by the Learning Commons, A&S Room 108
- For some frequently requested courses, such as math and computer applications, tutoring is available for students to schedule up to a day in advance.
- Call or stop in at Arts & Sciences Room 108 to see if a tutor is available, or to reserve an appointment.
- A student may call the office up to a day in advance beginning at 8:00 a.m. to reserve an appointment.
- Note: Appointments fill up fast so calling early is recommended. We begin taking calls at 8:00 a.m. These appointments are available for limited subjects on specified days. Please refer to the following schedules.
Computers Daily Sign-Up Appointments
(Includes assistance with Desire2Learn)
- Students may reserve one or two 25-minute sessions per day for Computer Information Technology (C.I.T.) Courses & Desire to Learn (D2L).
Fall 2014 Schedule Coming Soon
The Learning Commons
108 Arts & Sciences
Phone: (517) 483-1206
Fax: (517) 483-1222
Additional contact information »