Veterans Intention Form

In Order to Receive Benefits, This Form Must be Completed For Each Semester

** New Students MUST make an appointment with a Certified Official. To do so, contact (517) 483-1924.

Instructions: Complete this form for each semester that you desire to claim benefits from VA. The completion of this form authorizes Veterans Services to provide required information and to certify your enrollment at LCC for a specified semester to the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA). Failure to complete this form correctly will delay or prevent your enrollment certification. Any change in your registration, credit hours, or major must be reported immediately to the Veterans Services Office at LCC. VA will not pay for any classes not required in your major.

* Name:

* Home Phone:

* Street:

* Cell Phone:

* City:

* State:

* Zip:

* Student Number:

* Major:

* VA File Number: (Ch. 35 Only)

* Email:

* Select all that apply:






Indicate Your Chapter

Chapter 30:

Chapter 31 (Disabled Vets):

Chapter 1607 (R.E.A.P.):



Chapter 1606
(Reserve & N.G.):

Chapter 35

Chapter 33
Post/911 (New):

* Total Credit Hours: 


Call DVA at 1-888-GIBILL-1 for general questions about your account. Call 1-877-838-2778 to change your address or for direct deposit information.

Credit Rates for Fall & Spring

Credit Rates for Summer

Full-time = 12 or more credit hours

Full-time = 6 or more credit hours

3/4 time = 9 – 11.99 credit hours

3/4 time = 5.99 credit hours

1/2 time = 6 – 8.99 credit hours

1/2 time = 3 – 4.99 credit hours

NOTE: Only tuition and fees will be paid for less than half-time.

  • The dollar amount of my G.I. Bill Educational benefit check may be affected by dropping or adding classes, enrolling in an unauthorized repeat of a class, enrolling in courses not authorized under the general education requirements or degree programs.
  • Enrollment status is determined by the number of credits I take within my program of study.

I verify that the preceding courses, which I have listed and have registered or will register for, are required in the above stated major; they have not been taken previously nor have I received transfer credit for them. I will notify the Veterans Services Office at Lansing Community College of any change in my enrollment (including credit hours), major or change of address.

* Dependent or Veterans Signature:

* Date:


Please complete the sections below as applicable. * Not Required *

Request To Change Address:

"I request a change of address effective:

My new address is:

Ch. 35 or Veteran's Signature:


Request To Change Program:

You must complete a Change Program Packet. See VA Advisor

"I request a change of program from:



The number of credit hours that will transfer in from my former program into my current program is:

Ch. 35 or Veteran's Signature:


Please Note: Additional paperwork is required for this change , please ask to speak to a Veterans Services Representative.

Request for Advance Payment

(Not Available for Chapter 33-Post 911, Chapter 1607)

"I request advance payment for the period of:



I have approved this through the Veterans Services Representative."

Ch. 35 or Veteran's Signature:


Please note: Advance payment is available only if you have a thirty day break between semesters and you must be enrolled at least half-time.


reload image
Captcha Code

Enter Captcha code

* Required Information